A couple of weeks ago in sunnier weather we did the next part of the Fife Coastal Path. Terry had checked the buses and we decided on one car this time. We parked in Crombie and started on the path again.
The first part took us back to the main road before turning south past the Scottish Lime Centre – training centre.
It was then a walk into Charlestown. The village was established in 1770 by Charles Brus, 5th Earl of Elgin. The planned village is laid out in the shape of a letter E for Elgin.
The path continues towards Limekilns. We took a detour to the harbour and limekilns. We walked via the road though we found a path we could have taken when we were at the bottom of the hill.
The limekilns have recently had conservation work on them. Further information can be found here.
We then continued on along the route towards Limekilns. Like Charlestown has a harbour.
We continued along the path till we came to Old Roysth Churchyard.
After a look round the graveyard we headed back to Limekilns to catch the bus back to Crombie.