Tonight we went for a walk round Fisherrow Harbour. The photos were taken about 7-8pm.
Some information on the harbour – Fisherrow Harbour
A fishing harbour existed at Fisherrow by 1592. On Adair’s map of 1703 the east pier only is marked. The harbour was rebuilt from 1743 and ‘lately built’ by 1753. Numerous repairs and alterations took place to 1843, when the west pier was built new on old foundations to a plan by Robert Stevenson & Sons by W. Kinghorn of Leith for £1685. This was about 460 ft long and a round head was added in 1939. An experiment to clear the harbour of silt and sand was tried in 1835 when an arched opening was constructed in the east pier to allow tidal currents to scour the harbour bottom. This was not sufficiently successful and the opening was closed in 1838. The masonry comprises mainly random red sandstone blocks, rather better-dressed on the west pier.
The tide was out. Boats in the harbour.
View from the harbour.